Trading Tutorial (APP)
1. Log in to your account on Huobi APP.
Users can find “Derivatives” at the bottom of homepage, click USDT-M contracts on the top, and select the contract type & account mode you prefer to trade. If you have not downloaded Huobi APP, please click here to download ＞＞＞
2. Asset Transfer
USDT-margined contracts accounts are divided into Cross margin account and Isolated margin account. There is only one cross margin account, in which USDT-margined futures and USDT-margined swaps share a mutual margin in the account. While under the isolated margin mode, there are isolated margin account in each pair. Take isolated-margined B TC/USDT account as an example, the margin in this account can only be used for BTC/USDT swaps.
At present, the margin for USDT-margined contracts can only be USDT, which is available to transfer from Exchange Account. Meanwhile, transferring among each isolated margin accounts and the cross margin account is available.
2.1 Click Transfer Button
Method 1: Click the Transfer icon on the derivatives trading page.
Method 2: Click the “Margin Transfer” under the “+” icon at the top right.
Method 3: click “Wallet” at the bottom of homepage, enter the corresponding asset page you prefer under the Derivatives, and click Transfer button.
2.2 Select Transfer-in/out account and coin
If you wish to trade USDT-margined contracts in the cross margin mode, you need to transfer USDT from Exchange Account/an Isolated-margined USDT-M account to the “USDT-M Account-USDT Cross”.
If you wish to trade USDT-margined contract in the isolated margin mode, you need to transfer USDT to the corresponding isolated-margined USDT-M account. For example, when trading isolated-margined BTC/USDT swaps, you need to transfer USDT to the “USDT-M Account-BTC/USDT”. And USDT is available to transfer from the Exchange Account, the cross-margined USDT-M Account or other isolated-margined USDT-M Accounts.
3. Switch trading mode/unit/leverage
Account mode: USDT-margined swaps support both cross margin mode and isolated margin mode. The account mode can be switched on the trading page without affecting open positions, and both two modes can be used at the same time. While USDT-margined futures only support the cross margin mode.
Unit: cont, coin
Leverage: you can change leverage before opening position or while holding positions without open orders.
4. Place an Order
Users can optionally use limit order, trigger order, and grid trading to open a position.
- Limit Order:
Users are required to enter a price (or choose an Optimal N price), and enter amount (or refresh the slip percent).
Limit orders can be used for opening or closing a position.
Meanwhile, you can set Stop-limit feature while opening a position. ＞＞＞Stop-limit operation Instruction
There are three effective mechanisms optional for limit orders, "Post only", "FOK (Fill Or Kill)", "IOC (Immediate Or Cancel)"; if no mechanism is selected, the limit order will be "always valid" in the market by default. ＞＞＞Limit Order Operation Instruction
- Trigger Order:
Users are required to set trigger price, buy/sell price and amount. When the last price reaches the trigger price, the system will place a limit order with the buy/sell price and amount. ＞＞＞Trading Guide of Trigger Orders
- Grid Trading:
Users are required to set price range, grid number, deposit margin, etc. It automatically executes buy low and sell high by creating grid strategy in a ranging market, so as to make a profit from sideways trends. ＞＞＞Grid Trading Guide
5. After the order is filled, the open position will be shown under the “Positions”, where you can execute many operations such as Close Long/Short, Stop-Limit, etc. While the unfilled part of the order will be shown under the “Open Orders”, and you can cancel it before it’s filled.
6. Assume you wish to close a position, there are two order types optional for you, that is, limit order, and trigger order. Alternatively, you also can execute the “Close” or “Flash Close” operation under the “Positions”.
After using Flash Close feature, the system places a position-closing order with the optimal 30 price based on the BBO price orders, so as to make the order filled as soon as possible.
7. the “open order”page or click "All". In the pop-up interface, click "History" to view the history of the last three months.
8. Click the “Market” under the [+] in the upper right corner of the derivatives trading page, and you have access to liquidation order, contract data, insurance fund, etc.
9. Click the “Limits” under the [+] in the upper right corner of the derivatives trading page, you can view many data such as quantity limit, transfer limit, tiered margin, etc.