REEF (Reef Finance) Introduction
1. Brief Introduction
Reef Finance - A multi-chain smart yield engine and liquidity aggregator powered by Polkadot
2. Detailed Introduction
Reef is a multi-chain smart yield engine and liquidity aggregator where any financial hub can integrate into. Powered by Polkadot, it shares its security model with the ecosystem, and enables cross-chain integrations across top DeFi protocols. Reef gives the retail investor access to the DeFi landscape with a very low technical barrier of entry while at the same time it augments the decision making process based on user’s risk levels.
The REEF token is a utility token used to vote on different proposals such as releasing new features, readjusting certain parameters in the system and more. Besides governance, the token is also powering Reef’s infrastructure, so you can pay the protocol fees with it. It is also deeply integrated into the basket engine and the yield distribution mechanism.
Product and Governance Description
- Reef abstracts away the complexities of using order books and learning how different DeFi protocols work. Just like how the retail user has easy access to the traditional financial landscape (derivatives, option chains, etc..), Reef gives access to the DeFi landscape and tokens and additionally augments the decision making process based on user’s risk levels.
- Reef yield engine allows you access to all the currently available yield farming protocols. Since it's powered by an analytics engine, it can maximize yields by helping the user route funds to the highest yielding activities. The problem is that farming protocols and instances have different risk levels. We derive risk levels based on multiple metrics, from social media traction, to on-chain traffic. This way, the users have a better understanding of how they allocate their funds, and can adjust based on their risk tolerance.
- Since Reef has multi-chain support, we got the flexibility to integrate with multiple ecosystems. Since most of the DeFi activities are currently on Ethereum, we will be initially supporting this ecosystem, but as other landscapes such as Polkadot go live we are able to have the first mover advantage and give the users access to all the new instruments in different ecosystems.
3. Token Allocation
- Private sale: 24.07%
- Protocol Emissions & Liquidity Rewards: 29.96%
- Team: 16.00%
- Ecosystem/Partners: 12.40%
- Reserves: 17.57%
4. Token Information and Release Schedule
- Total Token Supply: 20,000,000,000
- Circulating Supply: 3,965,900,953
- Private Round Price: $0.00125
5. Related links
- Official website: https://reef.finance
- White Paper: https://reef.finance/resources/ReefLitePaper_v100c.pdf
- Telegram: https://t.me/reefdefi
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reefdefi
- Medium: https://medium.com/@reefdefi
Note: The project introduction comes from the materials published or provided by the official project team, which is for reference only and does not constitute investment advice. Some of the content may be out of date, error or omission. Huobi does not take responsibility for any resulting direct or indirect losses.