How to use the withdrawal address whitelist function (APP)
The Withdrawal Address Whitelist function will impose restrictions on coin withdrawals. If this function is activated, you will only be able to withdraw coins to saved, whitelisted withdrawal addresses.
The instructions for using this function will cover the following points:
- Who can use this whitelist function?
- How to switch on the withdrawal address whitelist function?
- How to add a withdrawal address to the whitelist?
- How to remove a whitelisted address?
- How to remove withdrawal addresses that have been added for validation?
- How to change the Activation Time for the withdrawal address whitelist?
- How to switch off the withdrawal address whitelist function?
Who can use the whitelist function?
- Users from Huobi Global (Web), Huobi Global Pro (App) will be restricted from withdrawing coins once the whitelist function is turned on. API users will not be affected; they can still use the defined withdrawal address in API documentation.
- Users can activate, deactivate, or add withdrawal addresses to the whitelist on Huobi Global (Web), Huobi Global Pro (App version 6.4.5 and above)
1. You can set a timeline for when the whitelist function will go into effect. How to change the Activation Time will be covered in these instructions.
2. We will send notifications to your registered phone or email about the state of the withdrawal address whitelist, and other actions like adding or removing withdrawal addresses.
How to switch on the withdrawal address whitelist function?
1. Click on [Homepage] - [General] - [Withdrawal Address Management]
2. After you have entered the Withdrawal Address Management page, click the button on the right upper corner of the page. To enable the Whitelist function, click [Whitelist Still Disabled].
3. You will now be able to see a pop-up form. Select the Activation Time. Note that the Activation Time refers to the time that you will have to wait before the whitelist function becomes effective. If you choose three days, then you will only be able to withdraw coins after three days, when the whitelist function takes effect.
4. Click [Confirm]. You will need to pass the second verification process using SMS or Google Authenticator.
You will only be able to withdraw coins to effective withdrawal addresses on the whitelist. You will not be able to withdraw coins to other addresses.
How to add a withdrawal address to the whitelist?
1. Click [Add Address] to start the process.
1. If you want to add a new address, select coins, enter a withdrawal address, write notes if any, click [Save].
Note: If you do not check off [Add to Whitelist], your added address will still be regarded as a normal address, and you will not be able to withdraw coins.
3. Then, you need to pass a verification process again.
4. Wait out the set Activation Time for validation, and then you will be able to withdraw coins.
5. If you want to add saved normal addresses to the whitelist, go to [Address Management] page, slide one address to the left, and then click the [+] button.
6. Wait out the set Activation Time for validation, and then you will be able to withdraw coins.
How to remove a coin withdrawal address from the whitelist?
1. Within the withdrawal address list, slide the effective whitelisted address to the left and then click the [Remove] button.
Note: after your removal, you will not be able to withdraw coins.
How to remove withdrawal addresses that have been added for validation?
1. Within the withdrawal address whitelist, slide the effective whitelisted address to the left and then click [Cancel].
2. After confirmation, you will not be able to withdraw coins to that address.
How to change the activation time for whitelist validation?
After the whitelist function is switched on, you can select the Activation Time for whitelist validation.
1. Click [Set the time to activate] on the right upper corner of the page.
2. There will be a pop-up window. Select the Activation Time, and then confirm.
1). If the new Activation Time is longer than the old one, for example, from one day for validation to three days for validation, the Activation Time will be updated right after you pass the verification process. If the new effective date is shorter than the old one, you will need to wait for approval from the platform admin after the verification.
2). The time required for obtaining approval will take a few minutes or few days, depending on specific use cases. You will not be able to change the Activation Time or switch off the whitelist function while you are waiting.
3). The updated Activation Time is only applicable to newly added whitelisted addresses.
How to switch off the whitelist function?
1. On the Address Management page, click the switch on the right corner.
2. After confirmation, you will need to wait for approval. Switching it off will become effective after the platform admin approves it.
Switching off the whitelist function will convert the saved whitelisted addresses into normal addresses. You will need to add addresses to the whitelist again when you switch on the whitelist function next time.
Find us on
Huobi Global reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice. The above is for information purposes only and Huobi Global makes no recommendations or guarantees in respect of any digital asset, product, or promotion on Huobi Global. Prices of digital assets are highly volatile and trading digital assets is risky. Please read our Risk Reminder text here.