With its wealth of information, the Huobi Exchange interface can seem complicated, especially to a beginner in trading. This lesson aims to end the confusion by explaining the different panels and how they can be used.
1. Let’s start by opening the interface. You can do so by clicking [Spot Trading], followed by [Exchange].
2. After opening the interface, you can choose between light or dark mode. Click the sun logo for light mode and half-moon for dark mode.
3. On the upper left side of the screen, you will see the estimated value of your holdings in USD (make sure that you have enough for opening trades). Under that, you can navigate between the various tokens offered for trading. You can either use the search bar to find a specific token, or simply scroll and explore. Choose between USDT, HUSD, BTC, ETH, HT, USDC, and ALTS (altcoins) to restrict the search to find the correct pairs.
You can also click the star logo to add tokens to your favorites list so you don’t have to search for them every time.
4. Here, you will see the chosen token and its price metrics. In this example, we used a BTC / USDT trading pair.
5. In the center of the interface, you will see a chart of the previously chosen token pair. The chart’s y-axis shows the prices, and the x-axis shows the time. You can zoom in and out of the charts using your mouse wheel, or scroll by clicking on the chart and moving your mouse. Also, you can change the ‘candle’ period from 1 minute to 1 month; each ‘candle’ represents the chosen time.
You can change the market chart view by clicking [Original], [Trading View] or [Depth] (market depth indicator).
While the original market chart is the simplest, [Trading View] provides various drawing tools and technical analysis indicators. You can choose the drawing tools from the left side of the chart, and select the indicators by clicking the left logo at the top.
You might also enjoy experimenting with these tools within a full-screen trading view. You can do so by clicking the other logo on the right.
Here you can customize the chart to fit your trading needs.
The third option for your trading activity is to open the market depth indicator. It graphically shows buy and sell orders at different prices and thus, might help you determine whether you should open / close a trade.
6. Under the market chart, you will see the order placement panel. It allows you to place Limit, Market, Trigger Order and Stop Limit orders. Read our lesson about different orders and how to use them here.
Before creating an order, make sure you have enough balance. You can deposit tokens to your account by clicking [Deposit] or transfer money by clicking [Credit Card]. Also ensure that you have selected the correct order type. Depending on your order type, you might have to provide additional information, including a limit or stop price.
7. At the bottom of the trading interface, you will see the [Open Orders] and [Order History] sections. Once you have successfully submitted an order, it will remain either partially or fully in the order book, and the order will appear in the [Open Orders] tab. The [Order History] tab shows all the previous trades already completed on the market.
The panel also displays the open and previous orders in the separate [Normal], [Stop Limit] and [Trigger Order] sections. Here, you will see all the necessary information related to your trades.
8. On the right side of the Huobi Trading interface, you’ll see a real-time display of the order book and market trade data. The [Order Book] displays all the token’s open buy and sell orders — you can view the orders separately by clicking on the green or red logo. The [Market Trades] tab shows completed transactions.
You can adjust the accuracy of the order book in the drop-down menu from the top of the order book by clicking [0.01] and choosing the correct digit.
You can also enable the Follow a Maker and Follow a Taker functions at the top-right of the order book by clicking it and then tapping the slide button.
New to Huobi? Register for a Huobi account and receive up to $300 as a ‘Welcome Bonus’ to help you start your investment journey! If you’re an existing user, check out Huobi Earn, where you can start earning interest from your idle cryptocurrencies!